HOW TO CONFIGURE NETGEAR ROUTER USING NIGHTHAWK APP?
Netgear Nighthawk app is one of the easiest ways to configure the Netgear Nighthawk Router. Install the application and configure your router. You can download the app from Apple and Play store for Android / IOS.
Steps to Configure the Netgear Nighthawk Router using Nighthawk app as:-
(i) Make sure the Ethernet Cable should be connected from Modem to your Netgear Nighthawk Router into the internet slot. Power on the Modem and Netgear Nighthawk Router and make sure the lights are on.
(ii) Select your SSID and enter the wireless password on the app. Then go to Settings on the phone > wireless > Connect to your Wifi Network of your Netgear Nighthawk Router.
Note: Your router’s WiFi network name (SSID) and network key (password) are on the router label.
(iii) Once connected the app will automatically detect the router.
(iv) Create your wireless settings and answer the security questions.
(v) Click Finish.
Alternatively, you can access Netgear Router login webpage using web address www.routerlogin.net or www.routerlogin.com or IP address 192.168.1.1, in case of Netgear cable or DSL modems you can use IP address 192.168.0.1.
NETGEAR FIRMWARE UPDATE USING NIGHTHAWK APP :
It is recommended to update Netgear router firmware to avoid security vulnerability issues as well as obtain optimal router performance, Netgear Nighthawk firmware can be updated using Netgear nighthawk app
Step 1: Connect your device with Netgear router network wirelessly.
Step 2: Download Netgear Nighthawk app from the app store or from Google play store in case of Android devices.
Step 3: Open Netgear Nighthawk app, log in to your account, select router settings option, click on check for firmware updates option.
Step 4: Follow on-screen instructions to complete the firmware update process.
NOTE: You can also update Netgear router firmware using Netgear Router default web address www.routerlogin.net or www.routerlogin.com or Netgear router IP address 192.168.1.1.
ROUTERLOGIN.NET – LOGIN:
Routerlogin.net redirects you to an IP address 192.168.1.1 in case of Netgear routers and Netgear modem. http://www.routerlogin.net redirects you to an IP address 192.168.0.1. http://www.routerlogin.net is default web address to access Netgear Router login webpage alternatively you can also use Netgear router default IP address 192.168.1.1 when routerlogin.net not working or routerlogin.net refused to connect. In the case of Netgear modems, you can use IP address 192.168.0.1. The default username and password for login in case of Netgear products is admin and password all in lower case.
Netgear Nighthawk Router Setup / Login :
Step 1: Connect external antennas to your Netgear nighthawk product, in case of tri-band routers, in some cases, where three external antennas are provided, the position first and the third antenna at 45 degrees each and the center antenna at 90 degrees.
Step 2: Disconnect the existing router if any and connect new Netgear Nighthawk router with power adapter, press the power button, wait for the lights to turn solid white on Netgear Nighthawk router.
Step 3: Connect the Ethernet RJ 45 cable between the Netgear Nighthawk router wan slot and your internet service provider modem, then connect an additional Ethernet cable from Netgear LAN slot to your computer / pc.
Step 4: Restart your Netgear router and internet service provider modem for 10 seconds, wait for the lights to turn solid white on Netgear Nighthawk router and internet company modem.
Step 5: open a web browser and type http://www.routerlogin.net in the address bar of your browser, a Netgear genie smart setup screen will appear, select your Netgear nighthawk mode either to router mode or access point mode
Step 6: Select your internet connection type i.e cable, static, DHCP or PPPoE connection, in case of PPPoE connections, you need to enter username and password as provided to you by your internet company
Step 7: Download Netgear genie application and Netgear readyshare application, customize your wireless Netgear settings, then click apply and save.
Step 8: Reconnect your wireless devices with a new network name SSID and wifi password.
NETGEAR ROUTER FIRMWARE UPGRADE :
Netgear firmware update
To fix security vulnerability and for maximum performance and vulnerability make sure your router firmware is up to date, to update Netgear router firmware connect an ethernet cable from LAN slot of Netgear Nighthawk router to your computer, open a web browser and type http://routerlogin.net in address bar of your browser, use username and password as admin and password, Netgear genie smart setup screen GUI will appear ,click on advanced option >>administration option >>click on firmware upgrade option >>you can either download Netgear firmware file from Netgear download centre >>extract .imgfile, then click on firmware upgrade option .updating Netgear router firmware will not only fix security vulnerability issues but also will enhance router overall wireless capability ,it is recommended to update Netgear router firmware to avoid interference issues, to fix speed issues, to fix security bugs if any .
NETGEAR NIGHTHAWK ROUTERS FEATURES :
- BEAMFORMING HI TECH TECHNOLOGY
- MULTI MIMO TECHNOLOGY ( www routerlogin net )
- WIFI PROTECTED SETUP WPS PUSH BUTTON SETUP
- TRI-BAND TECHNOLOGY
- NETGEAR GENIE APPLICATION
- READYSHARE APPLICATION
- DMZ FIREWALL
- ( www routerlogin net )
- ( www routerlogin net )
- PARENTAL CONTROLS.
- ADD OR BLOCK DEVICES USING MAC ADDRESS
- CUSTOM MTU SETUP
- PORT TRIGGERING FEATURE
- REMOTE MANAGEMENT FEATURE
- WIRELESS REPEATER FEATURE
- DYNAMIC QUALITY OF SERVICE
WWW.ROUTERLOGIN.NET NOT WORKING OR PAGE CANNOT BE DISPLAYED ERROR MESSAGE :
While trying to access Netgear Genie login web address www.routerlogin.net or www.routerlogin.com you might receive an error message stating”This page cannot be displayed” or DNS IP errors, in such cases try following troubleshooting steps:
- Make sure your computer is connected with Netgear router wired or wirelessly.
- If your computer is connected with some other different Network, Disconnect it and just connect it with Netgear router, turn off VPN service if enabled on computer or Network.
- Try restarting your Netgear router for a minute and then try to reconnect to router login web page once the lights are stable on Netgear router.
- Disable security software if any, Security software such as Kaspersky, Norton Block access to Netgear router login web address due to Network adapter firewall issues on adapter due to these security software, uninstall Kaspersky or Norton in such cases and then try to access router login web address using Ip 192.168.1.1 or www.routerlogin.net.
- If still the issue persists, try to reset the router to factory default settings using a paper pin for 10 seconds, Netgear router lights will flash momentarily, wait for the lights to turn stable, then access Netgear login web address using IP 192.168.1.1, follow on-screen Netgear genie Set up instructions to complete the set up process, Update your router firmware to latest to avoid login issues in future.